With IT-related projects routinely exceeding projected cost estimates and schedules, the client, a $4 billion privately held department store, turned to Randstad Technologies to deliver comprehensive operational change in its existing IT project management office (PMO). Success in the fiercely competitive retail industry means leveraging critical IT initiatives, so partnering with Randstad to optimize the PMO was the first step in the right direction.
Our multitiered approach to addressing the client's challenges involved looking at operational infrastructure as well as staffing needs. Key components of our solution included:
- conducting a comprehensive PMO assessment through interviews and conversations with client-side stakeholders
- identifying critical priorities by applying Randstad's proprietary model
- delivering a detailed roadmap to revamp the PMO's structure and governance
- providing guidance on performance and knowledge management
- building a flexible team poised to accommodate ever-evolving requirements, enabling greater scalability while enhancing service-level delivery
By partnering with Randstad Technologies, the client has been able to far more accurately plan, manage and execute complex and large-scale IT initiatives. What's more, they can now quickly adapt to maintain quality and tackle future needs.
Highlights of the engagement included:
- leading an in-depth assessment of the client's PMO maturity based on interviews with 60 stakeholders as well as industry standards determined by our proprietary methodology
- recruiting, hiring and onboarding 20 new personnel — including project managers, program managers, and business analysts
- freeing up time for the IT management team to focus on more value-added business activities
- enhancing the client's ability to scale resources based on changing client needs
- providing ongoing oversight and communication of SLA attainment and other performance indicators
Learn how our deep expertise in IT operations can improve your company's market presence and bottom line. Get in touch with us today.