When the IT department of a national distributor of construction supplies and tools needed to establish formal organizational structures, processes and standards following a large-scale merger, they turned to Randstad Technologies. Not only was there a duplicate set of applications, systems and infrastructure to streamline, but serious operational transformation was needed to help the department support projected revenue growth and handle an ever-increasing demand for services.
With revenue and the business's bottom line at stake, the client needed to see results immediately. To support this rapid transformation, key areas of our solution included:
- identifying critical gaps and risk areas with the current IT operations model
- evaluating and scoring their organizational capabilities against information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) best practices
- introducing a "virtual ops team" model to ensure operational control
- developing a maturity roadmap for the client's IT operations
In addition to introducing a formalized role for IT operations within the organization, highlights of the engagement included:
- improving IT operations capabilities by introducing a comprehensive framework aligned with ITIL best practices
- formalizing frameworks for monitoring core business functions
- developing and implementing end-to-end plans for disaster recovery and business continuity
When you partner with Randstad Technologies, there is no organizational change too large to overcome. Get in touch with us today.