The client, Acme Truck Line, is a leader in the transportation of equipment, materials and supplies throughout the U.S. However, while the client depended on effective communication and information-sharing to be successful, its approach to web-based communications to truckers and customers had become outdated — so much so that it risked compromising their competitive edge. In the wake of a failed partnership with another web development firm, Acme turned to Randstad Technologies for help designing and implementing the solutions they needed.
Randstad Technologies applied proven software development best practices to ensure deliverables met critical benchmarks for functionality, quality, timeliness and budget. This included six distinct steps:
- conducting onsite discovery workshops to gather input and requirements from key stakeholders
- identifying and developing detailed target audience personas to ensure users receive relevant information matching their needs, interests or roles
- developing sitemaps and wireframes to serve as blueprints for design
- presenting user interface design, including a landing page and interior page, portraying the final product’s look and feel
- creating additional site pages and functionality prior to starting development and testing
- obtaining client acceptance prior to going live
Acme Truck Line engaged Randstad Technologies to apply this approach to three critical web development projects, with the goal of upgrading their technology to better support truckers and customers alike.
customer logistics portal
- The portal allows Acme customers to access real-time information on the location and status of their loads via a web-based shipment tracking system built on Microsoft’s MVC.NET framework.
- The portal reduced call center support costs by eliminating the need for customers to call in for status updates. The system utilizes modern web standards such as responsive design through CSS3 and HTML5.
- The application also boasts a robust API that allows users to connect on the go from both Apple iPhone and Android devices.
- The newly created external-facing application leverages a responsive and adaptive design, providing truck drivers and customers with a tailored view of all upcoming compliance and maintenance requirements as well as historical financial data.
- The portal provides an enhanced document repository containing customer requirements, safety specs and benefits. The information can now be easily viewed on a mobile device.
- The .NET framework provides Acme a flexible and scalable framework that they can continue to build on in order to meet their evolving needs.
Acme Truck Line corporate website
- Randstad Technologies created a new site based on the WordPress platform to showcase the company’s capabilities.
- The new site has a consistent look, renders accurately from mobile devices and offers access to a content management system, allowing for easy graphical and content updates.
- Collaboration between Randstad Technologies and Acme ensured that the most advanced, web-based technologies were leveraged to attain critical business objectives.
- By delivering customized, time-sensitive information to truckers and customers through an easy-to-access, user-friendly design, the client not only improved operational effectiveness but enhanced service quality to truckers and customers.