rebecca henderson and karen fichuk appointed as randstad executive board members at AGM.
- Randstad now has 33% female members in the Executive Board
- The company has 29% female members in the Supervisory Board
Today, at the Randstad AGM, shareholders adopted the proposal to appoint Rebecca Henderson and Karen Fichuk to the Executive Board of the global leader in HR services. Linda Galipeau stepped down to pursue her career outside Randstad. The Executive Board of Randstad now consists of six persons, and its number of women has increased to 33%. The intention to appoint Henderson and Fichuk was announced on January 30 this year.
Wout Dekker, Chair of the Supervisory Board, commented: “I’m happy with the appointment of Rebecca Henderson and Karen Fichuk to Randstad’s Executive Board. They both bring a wealth of commercial experience and strong leadership skills. We’re also delighted that we have succeeded in increasing diversity in our Executive Board, as we have done before in our Supervisory Board.”
Rebecca Henderson, currently CEO of Randstad Sourceright, will be responsible for Global Businesses, which include Randstad Sourceright, Monster, RiseSmart, and Global Client Solutions. She brings over 25 years of strategic client experience in both technology and HR services.
Karen Fichuk will become CEO of the North American business. She is an American national with over 25 years of experience as a commercial and functional leader at The Nielsen Company. Most recently, she was President Developed Markets and Strategic Initiatives responsible for North America, Western Europe, and Australia/New Zealand.
Shareholders also adopted the financial statements 2018 and approved the proposal to pay a regular dividend of € 2.27 and a special dividend of € 1.11. They also approved to pay dividend of € 12.6 million on preference shares B and C. All dividends will be paid fully in cash. The ex-dividend date for the regular dividend is 28 March 2019. The record date is 29 March 2019. The payment will take place on 2 April 2019. The special dividend of € 1.11 will be paid in the fourth quarter, at the Executive Board’s discretion. The ex-dividend date, record date and payment date will be set in due course.
overview of AGM resolutions
Other resolutions that have been adopted at the AGM are:
- discharge of liability of the members of the Executive Board for their management
- discharge of liability of the members of the Supervisory Board for their supervision of the management
- reappointment of Jaap Winter as member of the Supervisory Board
- reappointment of Barbara Borra as member of the Supervisory Board
- reappointment of Rudy Provoost as member of the Supervisory Board
- extension of the authority of the Executive Board to issue shares and to restrict or exclude the pre-emptive right to any issue of shares
- extension of the authorization of the Executive Board to repurchase shares
- extension of the authorization to cancel repurchased shares
- reappointment of Stépan Breedveld as board member of Stichting Administratiekantoor Preferente Aandelen Randstad
- reappointment of Deloitte Accountants BV as external auditor for the financial year 2020
Randstad is the global leader in the HR services industry. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. We do this by combining the power of today’s technology with our passion for people. We call it Human Forward. Our services range from regular temporary Staffing and permanent placements to Inhouse Services, Professionals, and HR Solutions, including Recruitment Process Outsourcing, Managed Services Programs and outplacement. Randstad is active in 38 countries around the world and has top-three positions in almost half of these. In 2018, Randstad had on average 38,820 corporate employees and 4,826 branches and Inhouse locations. In 2018, Randstad generated revenue of € 23.8 billion and holds the world’s number one position in its industry since November 2018. Randstad was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Diemen, the Netherlands. Randstad N.V. is listed on the NYSE Euronext Amsterdam, where options for stocks in Randstad are also traded. For more information, see https://www.randstad.com/.
for more information:
Ingrid Pouw - Director of Global Communications
+31 (0)20 569 1732